Business owners and email marketers need to stay updated with current email marketing statistics because this information can help them get more results and re-evaluate their marketing strategies.
Email marketing is a strategy that a lot of businesses have adopted because of the huge potential ROI (Return On Investment). In this blog post, we’ll be sharing important email statistics that can help you skyrocket your email marketing campaigns.
Why Email Statistics are Important
In recent research, it has been discovered that about 60% of consumers acknowledged that they prefer email as a channel for updates and business promotions, and it has proven to be more effective than some social media channels like Facebook and Twitter.
This is why it is important to pay attention to email statistics to help businesses stay on top of their game and evaluate and adjust their marketing strategies to grow their businesses.
Important Email Statistics
In this section, you’ll be reading about the important email statistics divided by category:
Email Usage Statistics
- About 306 billion emails are sent and received daily, and it’s projected to increase to 376 billion worldwide by 2025
- 47% of email recipients open an email based on the subject line, and about 69% of email recipients report email as spam based on the subject line
- There is an estimated 4.48 billion email users in 2024, and it’s projected to increase
- According to Databox, more than 30% of marketers send weekly emails, and about 26% send emails multiple times in a month
Image source: Databox
- Statista reported that 43% of US respondents confirmed that they check their work emails outside business hours.
General Email Marketing Statistics
- According to a recent report by Statista, email marketing revenue is estimated to reach more than 17 billion USD by the end of 2027
Image Source: Statista
- About 64% of small businesses use email marketing as their channel of communication and this is expected to increase as the number of email users increase
Image source: Campaign Monitor
- Research by Campaign Monitor shows that Fridays are the best day to send emails, as they have an open rate of 18.9% and click-through rate of 2.7%
- According to a recent report, 65% of marketers worldwide use automated email marketing to market their content
- More and more businesses are using videos in their email marketing, this report states that 86% of businesses use videos
Image Source: Wyzowl
B2B Email Marketing Statistics
- 59% of B2B marketers speculate that email marketing is still one of the most effective channels for revenue generation
- About 97.3% of emails sent were reported to have reached recipient inboxes, this has encouraged more B2B email marketing
Image Source: Email tool tester
- B2B marketers will have to be careful of spamming prospects, around 43% of users may not think twice before reporting an email as spam
- A report by Email Monday states that an average of 51% of businesses, including B2B, are using automation to refine their marketing processes
Image Source: Email Monday
B2C Email Marketing Statistics
- According to the Content Marketing Institute, 72% of B2C companies have utilized email for their content marketing, the number will keep increasing because the ROI is on the increase
Image Source: contentmarketinginstitute.com
- In a recent update survey, 59% of respondents said that marketing emails impacted their purchasing decisions, with half of them buying from the emails they had received at least once per month
- Moosend has reported that abandoned cart emails have about 45% open rates, 21% of them are clicked on, and 50% of the users who opened the emails completed their purchase
- According to Emarsys, 81% of retail professionals stated that they’ve been able to acquire customers from email marketing and 80% of them have been able to retain those customers
- Hubspot also reported that 51% of B2C marketers plan to increase their marketing budget in 2024.
Mobile Email Marketing Statistics
- In a report by Statista, about 55% of the world’s website traffic is generated from mobile devices
Image Source: Statista
- The leading email app with the highest market share on mobile phones and devices is Apple iPhone’s native email app, followed by Gmail
Image Source: Litmus
- In a recently updated report by Sales Cycle, it was discovered that 42.3% of consumers delete emails that are not optimized for mobile. This means you need to ensure your emails are well-optimised for mobile users
- A recent report has shown that an email offer displayed on a mobile phone is 10 times more likely to be more successful than an advert in print form
- The BlueCore website states that 53% of millennials check the promotion tabs on their emails at least once daily, and 60% of Gen Z check their emails primarily on their phones
Personalized Email Marketing Statistics
- Customers prefer to see content that is custom to them, and this is why 77% of marketers say they use email to send personalized content to their subscribers.
- In a survey report, almost 60% of the most successful email marketers think that personalization is one of the best ways to increase engagement
- McKinsey also carried out research that showed that 71% of consumers expect personalized marketing, and 76% get frustrated when it doesn’t happen
- Sales Cycle, in their updated report, has also explained the top three reasons why personalization is important for email marketing, and they are: boosted open rate (82%), bigger CTR (75%), and favourable customer satisfaction (58%)
Image Source: Sales Cycle
- A recent study by the Super office has shown that segmented email campaigns have increased open rates by 39%
Image Source: Super Office
These email marketing statistics have proven to you how valuable emails are for your business and brand. The information you’ve learned from this will help you make more calculated decisions and guide you on email campaigns.
Applying these email marketing statistics will help you improve your email marketing strategies in 2024.